ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Scandia Elementary - A Minnesota School of Excellence & IB World School
Welcome to Scandia Elementary IB World School!
Scandia Elementary School is one of eight elementary schools in the Forest Lake Area School District. It has been a Minnesota School of Excellence since 1995 and an International Baccalaureate World School since 2015. Nestled in the town of Scandia, Minnesota, Scandia Elementary School has had strong ties to this historic community since its first days when it was known as the Hay Lake School. This enduring tradition of educational excellence continues today with the 315 students and 40 staff members that encourage our students to embrace our school motto and "reach for the stars."
Scandia Elementary offers a challenging curriculum in the areas of literacy, mathematics, social studies, science, and health. Specialists in physical education, vocal and instrumental music, media, special education, technology and gifted resources, and counseling complete the well-rounded educational program at Scandia.
Scandia Elementary Vision Statement
All Scandia students will be equiped academically and socially for further learning.
Scandia Elementary Mission StatementThe mission of Scandia Elementary School is to meet the needs of our learning community by:
- Maintaining concern and respect for others and self.
- Fostering diverse ideas and creative thinking.
- Developing skills and understanding for living and working in a complex, changing society.
- Modeling a positive attitude toward learning.
- Staff commitment to quality instruction.
- Encouraging parent and community involvement.